Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Schedule Mixups

Last week I had misplaced my 2025/2026 date book. I always transfer items from there into a Google calendar. When I discovered it peeking out from beneath my recliner, I was thrilled. But that's not all, folks!


The last time I saw the eye surgeon in Dunn, he told me to make an appointment with Dr. Massengill. I assumed I would be seeing the surgeon's boss. "Never assume."

So, at 8:00am Monday, I got a phone call from Dr. Ashe's office to cancel the day's appointment. I totally forgot that Dr. Massengill's office is my regular eye doctor on Main Street in Benson.

👵  I blame CRS.

I know I had two appointments to CommWell Health for this month, but I only logged one date. When I saw a call phone come in yesterday during a writer's board meeting from CWH, I silenced it. I only listened to the message this evening. Dang!  The call was to confirm an appointment for tomorrow (in other words, the appointment was for today at 10:30am). 👵 Senioritis strikes again!

Looking through my datebook just now, I just noticed that I missed the State Senior Games on the 18th. I have to find out who-won-what. Darn; I already paid for dinner and a show. Turned out it was a no-meal, no-show event.

And so it goes...some days are just DUH days.



#senioritis

#CRS

No comments:

Post a Comment