Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Last Night

Last Wednesday, I had the exterminators spray the house and yard because I had seen a few HUGE roaches. Those critters I do not want to see here. Yuck! 

Last night I saw a roach in the living room who was so big, you could put a saddle on it. As I leapt out of my chair, I stepped on Tulip's Cat Dancer toy.

My foot slipped and I fell HARD on my knees and hands. That piece of wire had been a bane to my existence since I bought it. 

After I took a mental assessment on various parts of my body, I was nearly in tears. And the damned Medical Guardian didn't go off AGAIN. This is the fourth or fifth fall in the last year and it never goes off when I need it to. My back and neck were jarred by the fall too. At least all I'll get from this fall are bruised knees and hands. I tried to take a picture of the damages, but the angle of my hands didn't work in getting a photo to work. It was difficult to snap a picture of my right hand. No broken bones. No ambulance needed.


The roach didn't get too far away. Its inert body was found in the hallway. Don't know if Tulip played a part in its demise. At any rate, the bug is long gone.

Sitting in the house today, I had an ice pack over my knees and a heating pad on my neck and shoulder blades. Yeah, sometimes I go hot and cold.


P.S. When my Medical Guardian subscription is ready to renew, I will downgrade the service to remove the fall sensor in my package. I am sick of all the false alarms - tonight MG called because I had the necklace in my right shorts pocket. Guess I was sitting on the button.



#seniorfall

#Tulip+cockroaches



No comments:

Post a Comment