Thursday, August 27, 2026

It only takes a minute of inattention . . .

. . . for Tulip to surprise me.

I was minding my own business in the kitchen. It was a quiet morning, with nothing left behind on countertops that could be dropped onto the floor. I spent no more than two minutes doing whatever it was I was doing.

When I walked into the living room, I immediately saw Tulip's handiwork. I hadn't yet covered my DMV license application and a few handwritten notes. Each of these items had been chewed silently. 

TULIP!

Hurriedly, I gathered up the scraps of paper to throw in the trash (too small for the recycling bin), and put the Very Important Papers back on the table, but with a lap blanket tossed over it all. 

I will have to finish organizing my papers and marking down my doctor appointments for September. There will be quite a few of them. Dentist, flu shot from my GP, the 3rd appointment with the eye surgeon, a bone scan is needed too . . .

Sheesh! Where has the time gone?


IN OTHER NEWS

Yesterday, Tulip had her annual checkup and nail clipping. She weighed a whopping 11 pounds, 3 ounces. Yikes! The vet wasn't concerned enough to put Tulip on a diet. So, the vaccine and the nail clipping cost me $101! That's what I paid for having a healthy cat. 

I wonder how much I'd have to pay if my cat was sick? Jeepers!



#TulipTime

#TulipVetVisit



No comments:

Post a Comment